The end of the year is very nearly here and so we continue our year end coverage here on Turntable Kitchen. In that context, this year saw the release of a number of great EPs (many of which can be considered debut EPs) by several great up and coming bands. The Top EPs List shouldn’t be thought of as an appetizer to the Top Albums of 2011 list. Indeed, some of these EPs would fit in comfortably on any year end list regardless of whether they were competing against full length albums.
We previously posted Turntable Kitchen’s Essential Vinyl Singles of 2011 list and our Top Albums of 2011 list will follow soon. After that, we’ll resume posting regular content. So stay tuned. In the meantime, let me know what you think of the Top EPs of 2011 list. Did I miss anything?
Turntable Kitchen’s Top EPs of 2011
01. Keep Shelly in Athens – Our Own Dream :: Keep Shelly in Athens – DIY
02. NO – Don’t Worry, You’ll Be Here Forever :: NO – The Long Haul
03. Thousand – Tous Les Jours :: Thousand – The Fall
04. Typhoon – A New Kind of House :: Typhoon – The Honest Truth
05. We Are Trees – Girlfriend :: We Are Trees – I Don’t Believe In Love
06. Colleen Green – Cujo :: Colleen Green – Rabid Love
07. Toro y Moi – Freaking Out :: Toro y Moi – All Alone
08. Il abanico – Crossing Colors :: Il abanico – Solo
09. Summer Camp – Young :: Summer Camp – Ghost Train
10. Tashaki Miyaki – Tashaki Miyaki :: Tashaki Miyaki – Somethin’ Is Better Than Nothin’
11. Giraffage – Pretty Things :: Giraffage – Fnord
12. Toy Camera – Blissful Youth :: Toy Camera – Summer Days
13. Michael Kiwanuka – Tell Me A Tale :: Michael Kiwanuka – Tell Me a Tale
14. TV Girl – Benny & The Jets :: TV Girl – Benny & The Jets
15. Hospitality – Hospitality :: Hospitality – Betty Wang
Pic used via Creative Commons license courtesy of Kevin Dean.