A Tribute to Spring: Green and Yellow2 Comments
I don’t know when it happened, but all of a sudden, I looked around and realized that Spring is in full swing here in the Bay Area, and around the interwebs. I hear birds chirping outside my window, the trees are flowering, I’m getting home from work and it’s actually still kinda light out. This is my absolute favorite time of year. Pretty soon, the markets will be bursting at the seams with my favorite fruits and vegetables — I don’t think I can eat too many peaches, nectarines and heirloom tomatoes. If there’s one word I could use to describe Spring, it’s anticipation.
Having a look around some of my favorite blogs, I’m noticing that Spring Fever is hitting us all; behind every door, I’m seeing vibrant greens and yellows. Everything’s light. Everything’s bright. Here’s a selection of a few of my favorites:
1. Spring Spirit Polenta from My New Roots (photo credit: Sarah of My New Roots)
2. Broiled Asparagus, a Poached Egg, and Charred Spring Onion and Garlic over Grits from Happyolks (photo credit: Kelsey of Happyolks)
3. Shaved Asparagus and Goat Cheese Crostini from Naturally Ella (photo credit: Erin of Naturally Ella)
4. Spring Lemon Risotto with Asparagus and Peas from Love & Lemons (photo credit: Jeanine of Love & Lemons)
5. Avocado Toast from Cookie + Kate (photo credit: Kathryne of Cookie + Kate)
6. Roasted Pineapple with Yogurt and Pistachios from Shutterbean (photo credit: Tracy of Shutterbean)
We’re getting into the Spring spirit, too. Did you catch our Avocado Toast with a Poached Egg or Clams with Mirin, Lime and Cucumber?
What’s getting you in the Spring spirit?